Safe Schools Act
Safe Schools Act funds are provided to decrease the likelihood of violent or disruptive behavior and to protect students and staff from harm when such behavior may occur.
The funds are available to all Tennessee public school districts and may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Facility security and planning
- School safety personnel
- Violence prevention
- Training and drills
- Behavioral health
FY 22 Safe Schools Grant
Before adjourning, the General Assembly appropriated $20 million in recurring funds for FY 23 safe schools grants. As in prior years, the final funding and match amounts for Safe Schools will not be available until the BEP is finalized; however, districts may use their FY 22 grant amounts as an estimate.
A timeline of the application process is below:
· July 25, 2022: Safe Schools application released in ePlan
· July 20, 2022: Webinar on Safe Schools Application
· August 1, 2022: Final Expense Report for FY22 Safe Schools application due in ePlan
· September 30, 2022: Deadline for receipt of Safe Schools application
For more information contact: Kimberly.Daubenspeck@tn.gov