IEA Laws, Rules, and Procedures
The following state laws governing the IEA Program can be found by searching Tennessee Code at Lexis Nexis.
Title 49, Chapter 10, Part 14 Individualized Education Act [Effective on January 1, 2016.]
- 49-10-1401. Short title.
- 49-10-1402. Part definitions.
- 49-10-1403. Parental agreement for participation in individualized education account (IEA) program -- Requirements.
- 49-10-1404. Requirements for participating schools -- Penalties for noncompliance.
- 49-10-1405. Administration of IEA program by department.
- 49-10-1406. Autonomy of participating schools.
State Board of Education Rules
The permanent rules for the IEA Program became effective Dec. 1, 2016. The rules are available here.