Physical Education Standards
The State Board of Education (SBE) has the authority to adopt academic standards for each subject area in grades K-12. The SBE sets the requirements for high school graduation. Per SBE Rule, students must achieve one high school level unit of Wellness and half-unit of Physical Education in order to graduate with a high school diploma.
K-12 Physical Education
Physically educated students will demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
Physical Education Standards Coding
- For grades K-8:
- Component – Standard Number – Grade
- PSR.1.3 – Works independently and stays on-task.
- Personal & Social Responsibility – Standard 1 – Grade 3
- For grades 9-12:
- Component – Standard Number - asterisk* (Optional component extension, if applicable)
- PSR.3 – Demonstrate positive attitudes towards self and others through verbal and nonverbal behaviors.