Apply for a School Services Personnel License
Educators who provide services for students other than instruction are issued a School Services Personnel License. These roles (listed below) require specialized training that is significantly different than training required for teachers.
- School Guidance Counselor
- School Psychologist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- School Social Worker
The minimum requirements for the School Services Personnel License include:
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- The applicant must hold at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university. In several cases, specific endorsements require an advanced degree.
- The applicant must have successfully completed a state-approved educator preparation program and be recommended for licensure by that provider; and
- The applicant must meet all requirements regarding assessments and qualifying scores as specified by State Board of Education rules or policy.
- The applicant must ensure that the department has on file official transcripts of all credits earned through an institution of higher education. The transcript must have the school seal and/or a signature of the registrar.
- The applicant must meet requirements for the area of endorsement.