Tennessee Archaeological Advisory Council
The Tennessee Archaeological Advisory Council consists of eleven members appointed by the Governor for five-year terms.
January 26, 2018
1:30 p.m. CSTMontgomery Bell State Park Conference Center 1020 Jackson Hill Rd. Burns, TN 37029
No meeting scheduled for February.
- five anthropologists representing the University of Tennessee, University of Memphis, Vanderbilt University, Middle Tennessee State University and East Tennessee State University;
- one representative from the Tennessee Historical Commission;
- one representative from a recognized archaeological association in Tennessee;
- three members of Native American descent and representative of the Native American community in Tennessee;
- one member from the public at large.
Commissioned under T.C.A. 11-6-103.
The statute authorizing this board expires June 30, 2022 and the one-year wind-down period begins.
|Dr. Jeff Chapman, Chairman||06-30-2018||University of Tennessee|
|Patrick Bentley Cummins||06-30-2018||Native American Community|
|Dr. David Dye||06-30-2020||University of Memphis|
|Sandra Ellis||06-30-2017||Native American Community|
|Dr. Jay D. Franklin||06-30-2021||East Tennessee State University|
|Georgia Dennis||12-31-2022||Archaeological Association|
|J. Lauren Ridenour||06-30-2018||Public-at-Large|
|Dr. Kevin Smith||06-30-2022||Middle Tennessee State University|
|Toye Heape||12-31-2022||Tennessee Historical Commission|
|Dr. William Rex Weeks, Jr.||06-30-2020||Native American Community|