IX. Travel, Conferences, and Meetings
- TRAVEL VOUCHER
All expenditures for travel should be substantiated by travel vouchers which contain the following information:
- Name of employee
- Travel departure point(s) and destination(s)
- Method of travel with documentation
- Date and time of departure and return
- Signature of employee
- Approval signature of project director or supervisor
- Grant number
The subrecipient may use any form that provides the above information. All travel claims must be specifically authorized in the approved budget and must be related to project goals.
- DOCUMENTATION OF TRAVEL EXPENDITURES
The travel expenditures should be properly documented and the following documentation should be attached to the travel voucher:
- Paid motel/hotel receipts
- Paid car rental bill and justification for renting rather than using public transportation
- Airplane fare or other commercial transportation receipt
For agencies that already have written travel policies, procedures, and rates, personnel should follow those rates or The Comprehensive Tennessee Travel Regulations Reimbursement Rate Schedule whichever is lower. Any requests for exceptions higher than these rates must be approved in writing by OCJP.
NOTE: Reimbursement for a single meal for employees on a one day travel status is not permitted.
Travel Reimbursement rate: Policy 8 pgs. 11 & 12.
Federal Travel Regulations: CONUS
- CONFERENCES AND MEETINGS NOTIFICATIONS OF SPEAKER EXPENDITURES
Subrecipients with conferences or meetings with speakers compensated with grant funds must complete an OCJP Notification of Speaker Agreement submit this documentation to OCJP 15 days prior to the event.
See OCJP Chapter XIII, Procurement of Professional Services, Chapter XIV, Allowable Costs, and Chapter XV, Unallowable Costsfor more information.