Public Health Reporting Options
For more information on the Public Health MU Items including the onboarding and testing processes, trading partner agreements and specifications, please review the following. All fact sheets will be updated as soon as changes are required and/or if updates are made.
Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) – TDH Is actively developing requirements and documentation to support eCR :
- Eligible hospitals interested in eCR pilot opportunities should contact TDH Communicable Disease Surveillance Systems and Informatics Program at (615) 532-6655 or send an email to CEDS.Informatics@tn.gov.
Electronic Lab Reporting (ELR) - For Eligible Hospitals:
Syndromic Surveillance Messaging (SSM) – For Eligible Hospitals (w/Emergency Departments):
Immunization Registry Messaging (IMM) - For Eligible Professionals or Eligible Hospitals:
- Contact the Tennessee Immunization Information System (TennIIS) Help Desk (844) 206-9927 or send an email to TennIIS.MU@tn.gov.
- TennIIS Electronic Data Exchange (IIS) Fact Sheet
- Tennessee Immunization Information System - TennIIS
- TennIIS Data Exchange On-Boarding Checklist
- TennIIS FAQs
Cancer Case Reporting (CCR) - For Eligible Professionals:
Other Public Health/Specialized Registries:
An eligible provider is in active engagement with a public health agency or clinical data registry to submit electronic public health data in a meaningful way using certified EHR technology, except where prohibited, and in accordance with applicable law and practice (CMS Incentive Program Objective). TDH is not currently participating in other Public Health/Specialized Registries outside of those listed above.
TDH recommends the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) as an option for eligible hospitals. The NHSN surveillance system is used by TDH’s Healthcare Associated Infections and Antimicrobial (HAI/AR) program to track HAI prevention progress over time. Similar to other NHSN modules, facilities may confer rights to the HAI/AR program for the AUR modules. Click here for more information.
Surveys from the National Center for Health Statistics are an option eligible clinicians, professionals and hospitals:
- National Health Care Surveys
- National Hospital Care Survey (NHCS)
- National Ambulatory Medical Survey (NAMCS)
See also the National Institutes of Health (NIH) list of available registries. http://www.nih.gov/health-information/nih-clinical-research-trials-you/list-registries
CMS has outlined a few steps for EPs, EHs, and CAHs to determine if there is a specialized registry available to them - https://questions.cms.gov/faq.php?faqId=13657.
If you have questions about any other TDH registry not listed above, please contact TDH.Informatics@tn.gov.
For questions regarding EHR Incentive programs, please contact MU.Health@tn.gov.