Medical Spa Registry
Online Renewal System Launches March 22, 2018
On March 22, 2018, our online licensure renewal system will change as we transition to an integrated licensure database. Here is what you can expect:
- Uninterrupted access to renew your health profession license online
- Better paperless management of your professional license, including:
- Change of address applications
- Name change applications
- Requests for duplicate certificates or wall licenses
- Integrated practitioner profile updates
- Remittance of fees, where required, by debit or credit card, and E-check, as well.
- Additional licensure applications not previously available online
- For nursing, the ability to apply to reinstate an existing nursing license that has lapsed or expired
We are excited about these changes designed to expand online access and improve the management of your professional license. Thank you for your patience during this transition. Feel free to contact your health related board with any questions or concerns at: 615-532-3202 or Toll Free 1-800-778-4123.
Tennessee Department of Health
Health Related Boards
Effective January 1, 2016, all medical spas in Tennessee must be registered with the State.
Pursuant to Public Chapter 494, which was signed by Governor Haslam on May 20th, 2015, the Board of Medical Examiners and the Board of Osteopathic Examination are required to establish and maintain an online registry for "medical spas." A "medical spa" is any entity, however named or organized, which offers or performs "cosmetic medical services." A "cosmetic medical service" is any service that uses a biologic or synthetic material, a chemical application, a mechanical device, or a displaced energy form of any kind that alters or damages, or is capable of altering or damaging, living tissue to improve the patient's appearance or achieve an enhanced aesthetic result.
If you are a medical director or supervising physician of a medical spa, you must register your medical spa by completing the registration form and submitting it your licensing Board as soon as possible. You may access the registration application here.
All registrations must be renewed annually and will be subject to an annual registration fee.