Col. Jason W. Glass is the Assistant Adjutant General, Air for the Tennessee National Guard. In this capacity, Col. Glass commands and ensures the readiness of Tennessee's three flying and three mission support units. The flying units consist of the 118th Wing in Nashville, the 164th Airlift Wing in Memphis and the 134th Air Refueling Wing in Knoxville. The support units are the 119th Command and Control Group in Knoxville, the 241st Engineering and Installation Squadron in Chattanooga and the 236th Intelligence Squadron in Nashville.
Before his appointment as the ATAG-Air, Glass served as the commander of the 218th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group at the 118th Wing in Nashville, Tenn.
He enlisted as a traditional guardsman in the Tennessee Air National Guard March 1989, as an Air Traffic Control Radar Specialist with the 241 Engineering Installation Squadron in Chattanooga, Tenn. He was commissioned through the Reserve Officer Training Course at the University of Memphis in May 1993 and entered the Active Duty Air Force in January 1994. While on active duty, Glass was stationed at Tyndall AFB, Fl., Falcon AFB, Colo., and Robins AFB, Ga. He held numerous jobs and deployed in support of Operations; Northern Watch, Desert Fox, Noble Anvil, and Allied Force. In 2000 Col Glass separated from Active Duty Air Force and once again became a traditional guardsman in the 241st Engineering Installation Squadron in Chattanooga, Tenn., as a Communications Engineering Officer. He was employed as a Central Office Manager for Bellsouth in his civilian job until being mobilized in September 2001 for Operation Enduring Freedom. Upon mobilization, Glass spent the next year at Al Udeid AB, Qatar, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait, Ali Al Jaber AB, Kuwait, and Shaw AFB, S.C. He was released from active duty in October 2002 and became a full-time technician with the 228th Combat Communications Squadron in June 2003, eventually being selected as detachment commander in October 2003.
In August 2004 to Jan 2005, Glass was again called to Active Duty to lead his squadron in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Joint Task Force Horn of Africa at Al Dhafra AB, UAE, Balad AB, and Bagdad International Airport, Iraq. In September 2005, he deployed in the aftermath of Hurricane Rita to aid in the recovery of southern Louisiana. He was selected as the 228th Combat Communications Squadron in May 2006 and relinquished command June 2008. He served as the Deputy Chief of Staff, Information Management and J6 at the Tennessee National Guard Joint Force Headquarters prior to his appointment as commander of the 218th ISRG.Bio Information Coming Soon.
1991 Associates of Science, Computer Science, Chattanooga State Technical Community College, Tenn.
1991 Associates of Science, Robotic, Chattanooga State Community College, Tenn.
1993 Bachelor of Science, Electronics Engineering Technology, University of Memphis, Tenn., Cum Laude and Dean’s List
2002 Squadron Officer School, Correspondence
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Correspondence
2006 Air War College, Correspondence
1. March 1989 - August 1991, Air Traffic Control Radar Specialist, 241st Engineering Installation Squadron, Chattanooga, Tenn.
2. August 1991- May 1993, Cadet, Detachment 785 Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps, University of Memphis, Tenn.
3. April 1994 - October 1994, Team Chief, Satellite Command and Control, 50th Logistic Support Squadron, Falcon Air Force Base, Colo.
4. October 1995 - October 1996, Chief, Computer Operations Section, 50th Space Communications Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
5. October 1996 - June 1997, Executive Officer, 50th Support Group, Falcon AFB, Colo.
6. June 1997 - February 2000, Network Systems Flight Commander, 54th CBCS/5 CCG, Robins AFB, Ga.
7. February 2000 - June 2003, Engineer/Officer in Charge, Engineering Branch, 241st Engineering Installation Squadron, Chattanooga, Tenn.
8. Jun 2003 – April 2006, Combat Support Flight Commander/ Detachment Commander, 228th CBCS, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Knoxville, Tenn.
9. May 2006 – June 2008, Commander, 228th Combat Communications Sq, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Knoxville, Tenn.
10. June 2008 – October 2013, Deputy Chief of Staff, Information Management and J6, Joint Force Headquarters, Nashville, Tenn.
11. June 2012 – April 2013, Commander, Joint Force Headquarters, FWD 89 ADT, Nashville, Tenn.
12. October 2013 – January 2018, Commander, 218th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group, Joint Base Berry Field, Nashville, Tenn.
13. January 2018 – present, Assistant Adjutant General-Air, Tennessee National Guard Joint Force Headquarters,
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal, with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal, with one oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal, with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal, with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award, with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal
National Defense Service Medal, with one oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, with two oak leaf clusters
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal, with one oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Overseas Ribbon – Short Tour
Armed Forces Reserve Medal, with two M devices
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Training Ribbon, with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 5, 1993
First Lieutenant Sept. 5, 1995
Captain Sept. 5, 1997
Major Jan. 15, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel May 5, 2006
Colonel Feb. 2, 2010
(Current as of January 2018)