Brig. Gen. Jason R. Cripps is currently assigned as the Chief of Staff-Air to Joint Force Headquarters Tennessee, Nashville, Tennessee.In this capacity he is responsible for advising and assisting the Adjutant General and the Assistant Adjutant General-Air on all ANG issues as well as represents the Tennessee National Guard in their absence. He provides oversight to three ANG flying wings and three non-flying units comprised of approximately 3,300 personnel, both full-time and part-time. General Cripps directs and implements the policies of senior USAF, ANG, and state leadership conveying command intent to the field.
General Cripps was commissioned through the Academy of Military Science in April of 1985.He has served in various capacities throughout his career including Pilot, Quality Assurance Officer, Maintenance Group Commander, Cyber Group Commander, and has deployed to Southwest Asia in support of numerous operations and exercises.Prior to his current assignment, General Cripps served as the Director of Air Operations, Joint Force Headquarters, Tennessee.
1983, Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Technologies, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
1985, Masters of Science in Aerospace Education, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
1988, Aircraft Mishap Investigation, Air Force Safety Center, Travis Air Force Base (AFB), Calif.Brig.
2008, Air War College, by correspondence
2015, Joint Domestic Operations Course, Nashville, Tenn.
2016, Dynamic of International Terrorism Couse, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
- May 1985 – April 1986, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 37th Flight Training Squadron, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
- May 1986 – August 1986, C-130 Pilot Training, 62nd Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
- September 1986 – October 1986, Survival Training, 22nd Training Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
- November 1986 – September 1998, Pilot, 105th Airlift Squadron, Nashville, Tenn.
- September 1998 – April 2011, Quality Assurance Officer, 118th Maintenance Group, Nashville, Tenn.
- April 2011 – July 2011, Deputy Maintenance Group Commander, 118th Maintenance Group, Nashville, Tenn.
- July 2011 – September 2012, Maintenance Group Commander, 118th Maintenance Group, Nashville, Tenn.
- October 2012 – February 2013, Cyber Group Commander, 118th Airlift Control Flight, Nashville, Tenn.
- February 2013 – December 2016, Director of Air Operations, Joint Force Headquarters, Nashville, Tenn.
- December 2016 – Present,Chief of Staff-Air, Joint Force Headquarters, Nashville, Tenn.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,000
Aircraft flown: C-17, C-130A, C-130E, C-130H2, C-130WC, T-37, T-38
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- Air Medal
- Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
- Army Commendation Medal
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Air Force Combat Action Medal
- Joint Meritorious Unit Award
- Meritorious Unit Award
- Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- National Defense Service Medal
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Armed Forces Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Air Force Overseas Ribbon-Short
- Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
- Air Force Longevity Service Award Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 2 "M" devices with silver hour glass
- Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with 1 bronze star-Pistol
- Air Force Training Ribbon
- Army Service Ribbon
Pilot with a major airline located in Dallas, Texas. Currently flying international routes in the Boeing 787. Also, a small business owner in Middle Tennessee.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 11, 1985
First Lieutenant April 11, 1988
Captain April 11, 1992
Major April 11, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel April 11, 2006
Colonel Dec. 17, 2011
Brigadier General Nov. 7, 2016
(Current as of April 2017)