Skip to Main Content



After completing 20 years of creditable service for retired pay (m-day) in the Army National Guard, you will qualify for retired pay.

Soldiers pay will begin one month following their 60th birthday and will continue each month after that for the rest of their life. This will add to any other government or private retirement plans for you which you are eligible.

Procedures for retirement application:

Soldiers are encouraged to apply for retired pay benefits 12 months prior to your 60th birthday. Some Soldiers may qualify for Early-Age Drop retirement under the National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2008. Please contact your RSO for additional details.


You will need to take the following documents:

NGB 23D- Notification of Eligibility for Retired Pay (20-Year Letter) or 15-year letter

DD Form 1883 or DD 2656-5: Survivor’s Benefit Election Certificate

Separation Order

Voided Check

NGB 23- Retirement Points History Statement

NGB 22- Report of Separation and Record of Service


You will receive informational brochures for:

- TRICARE Medical and Dental Benefits

- Survivor Benefits


*Approximately 1-2 months prior to reaching age 60, you should receive a Retired Pay Account Statement (RPAS) from DFAS in London, KY.  Additionally you will receive a certificate of service and your retired list order from the U.S Army Human Resource Command (HRC) which is effective on your 60th birthday.

Upon reaching age 60, you and any current dependents that have ID cards will need to have new I.D. cards issued at a military installation. I.D. Card issuances are available daily at the Headquarters on Sidco Drive. The phone number for the I.D. Card Office is (615) 313-0594.

You may also contact TRICARE concerning health insurance by calling their toll free number, 1-877-TRICARE or by using their webpage at


If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment for application assistance, contact:



SSG Priscilla Claude

Office: 615-313-0747

Fax: 615-313-0593