Employee Assistance Program
(State and higher education employees | local education and local government members and retirees enrolled in medical insurance | COBRA)
Join us for one of our 4Mind4Body webinars
Give Your Immune
System a Boost
Wednesday, Jan. 11
Starts at 11:30 a.m. CT
Healthy Weight, Why Wait?
Wednesday, Feb. 8
Starts at 11:30 a.m. CT
and Sleep Well
Wednesday, March 8
Starts at 11:30 a.m. CT
The Employee Assistance Program and behavioral health benefits are administered by Optum®. Visit the behavioral health webpage for more information on these benefits.
First Call Provider Search
The Here4TN team will find you a provider based on your specific preferences, concerns and availability.
Visit Here4TN.com for more benefits information and resources.
State and Higher Education: EAP services are available to all benefits-eligible employees and their eligible dependents, even if they are not enrolled in medical insurance.
State Only: With your manager's approval, you may use up to 10 hours of work time each year to see an EAP provider.
Local Education, Local Government, COBRA and Retirees: EAP services are available to those enrolled in medical insurance. Benefits-eligible dependents of enrolled employees are eligible even if they are not enrolled in medical insurance.
The following EAP services are offered at no cost to individuals eligible to participate. Specialists are available 24/7 at 855.437.3486 to assist with stress, legal, financial, mediation and work/life services. They can even help you find a network EAP short-term counseling provider, a plumber who works nights, services for your elderly parents, theater tickets, all-night pharmacies and much more.
· Short-term Counseling includes five visits per problem, per year, per individual at no cost to you. Available in person, by phone or by virtual visit. Members are ineligible for EAP counseling visits while they are receiving behavioral health services.
· Preauthorization is required to use your EAP short-term counseling services. Simply call 855.437.3486 or go to Here4TN.com to obtain preauthorization.
· Virtual visits allow you to get the care you need in the privacy and comfort of your home. Call 855-Here4TN for assistance with an authorization and a referral to a licensed virtual visits provider. Click here for additional information about behavioral telehealth.
· Legal services include one 60-minute telephone or in-person consultation per issue per year at no cost to you.
· Mediation services with a professional mediator include one 30-minute telephone or in-person consultation per issue per year at no cost to you.
· Financial services with a money coach include two 30-minute calls per issue per year.
· Work/Life services to help you save time and reduce stress by pulling together information about many household, family and health care services specifically for you upon request.
Optum also offers confidential and anonymous access to a wide variety of information and resources on their website at Here4TN.com or by calling 855.437.3486.
Take Charge at Work
A coaching program that helps members with depression improve performance at work.
· All State and Higher Education benefit eligible employees, over the age of 18
· All Local Education and Local Government, retirees and COBRA state health insurance plan members, over the age of 18
· Dependents over the age of 18, eligible for EAP, and who are working either full/part time
Working with a coach over the phone, learn to manage symptoms of depression and stress in the workplace so you can feel productive again. It’s available at no additional cost to you as part of your EAP. To learn more or find out if you qualify by taking the assessment, go to Here4TN.com. Click here for the program flyer.
Here4TN Toolkit - Educational resources for human resources, supervisors and managers
Here4TN EAP can deliver onsite and web trainings to your employees. More than 50 trainings are available for groups of 15 or more. To access the training catalog and the online training request form, please go to the “Leaders” section on Here4TN.
Licensed management consultants are available 24/7 to help leaders with workplace and employee challenges and opportunities. All licensed mental health professionals have a master’s degree and 3-4 years of EAP experience. They can provide coaching and support on a range of workplace issues such as job performance, substance use and inappropriate workplace behavior.
Critical Incident Response Services
An unexpected loss or trauma can affect your entire workplace. Optum has a specialized critical incident intake team available by phone 24/7. Specialists can usually be on-site to provide support within 24-72 hours of the event. The top reasons to provide this resource include grief counseling, reductions in force and medical emergencies/accidents.
*This service is confidential in accordance with the law.