Fitness Center Discounts
If you are enrolled in the State Group Insurance Plan, your medical carrier (BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee or Cigna) offers discounts on fitness center memberships and virtual fitness classes.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
Offers both live and recorded online Zoom classes and access to fitness centers around the state. You pay a one-time enrollment fee of $29 and a $29 monthly membership fee per member. There is no long-term contract, just a three-month initial commitment. Click here to learn more, or to get started:
- Go to bcbst.com/memberdiscounts
- Click on Fitness in the menu bar
- Choose the Fitness Your Way deal to start your online classes or gym membership
- You can also call 888-242-2060, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT.
You have access to gym memberships through the Active & Fit Direct network. Pay $75 to enroll, which includes a $25 enrollment fee and $25 current and next month membership fees. After a three-month commitment your membership is month-to-month at $25 per month. Click here to learn more about the fitness center discount, or to get started:
- Go to myCigna.com
- Click on Wellness and scroll down to Incentives, Healthy Rewards and Additional Resources
- Click Exercise and scroll down to Health Rewards
- Click gym memberships/start saving and when you check the box, it will take you to the Active & Fit Site
You also have access to digital workouts through Cigna. Click here to learn more.
The Tennessee Consumer Protection Act §47-18-301 requires all for-profit health clubs to register with the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs and obtain a certificate of registration each year. A health club must be registered to operate and sign up members.
Before joining a club, check to see that their certificate of registration is posted in an obvious place for all to see. If the club does not have a certificate of registration, contact the Division of Consumer Affairs at 800.342.8385 or email email@example.com.