Think you’d make a great member of our team? Take a look at opportunities available at the Department of Revenue for qualified applicants. Revenue employs more than 900 people, in jobs ranging from customer service agents and collection services officers to tax auditors and attorneys. Watch this video to learn more about what it’s like to work for us.
Revenue jobs fall under two categories: preferred service and executive service. The majority of positions in the Department are preferred service positions. These positions have certain statutory rights, such as appeal rights. Some positions in the Department are considered executive service. These include deputy commissioners, assistant commissioners, division directors, attorneys and positions reporting directly to a commissioner-level employee. Executive service employees are employees at will. There are different hiring processes for preferred and executive service.
- Visit the Department of Human Resources job portal.
- Type “Revenue” in the search box at the bottom of the page, and hit return. Available jobs will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the job for which you wish to apply, and click the "apply” button to access the login page for the online employment application.
- Next, you need to set up your online account, or log in if you have previously set up an account. Please note: All applications must be submitted online through this online account. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- Complete the application process.
- Once your application is submitted, it will be evaluated to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications required for the job.
- You will receive notification of your eligibility within a few weeks following the submission of your application.
- If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will receive a link to an online first round interview.
For application assistance, contact the Department of Human Resources Recruiting Management Services Division at (615) 741-4841 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Central Time.
If you are experiencing a technical problem with the online application program after 4:30 p.m., contact the NeoGov Applicant help desk for assistance at (877) 204-4442 until 9 p.m. CST.