County Clerk Resource Page
Note to website visitors: This page is a resource for Tennessee's county clerks. Information on this page is not intended for the general population. Please do not use these forms to conduct tax-related or title and registration business with the Department of Revenue.
Please visit our Taxes or Title and Registration sections of the website to access the information you need. You can also search for information in Revenue Help.
- Business Tax Online Registration - For county clerks using the Department of Revenue's business tax registration program.
- Business Tax Online Reports - Business tax data for your specific county. Separate password is required.
- Business Tax Registration Forms:
- County Clerks Business Tax Return - For tax periods beginning 6/1/2010
- County Clerks Business Tax Return - For tax periods prior to 6/1/2010
- Monthly Report of Antique Malls, Flea Markets, Craft Shows, Gun Shows and Automobile Shows - to be filed by the operator of these businesses to their county clerk and/or their city recorder's office. Clerks and taxpayers should not send these forms to the Department of Revenue.
- Report of Casual or Isolated Sale of Vessel or Boat (with instructions)
- Report of Casual or Isolated Sale of Vessel or Boat (without instructions)
- Sales and Use Tax Guide for Automobiles and Boat Transfers
Note: In order to view these videos, you must have Quick Time installed on your PC. The download is free from Apple's website. You do not have to enter an e-mail address for this download.
- How to Use Title and Registration Reference Guide Video - This video provides an in-depth overview regarding the guide layout and various Vehicle Title and Registration topics that can be found within the guide. This tutorial also explains hyperlinks and the use of various "How to" Acrobat Reader functions including "search and find" methods. Video length - 11 minutes
- Certificate of Tennessee Title Overview - This is the first in a series of County Clerk Tutorial Videos that will walk you through the basics regarding the examination of vehicle tile and registration documents. In this video you will learn about identifying information appearing on the front and back of the Tennessee Certificate of Title. Video length - 3 minutes
- Certificate of Title Extension Form - In this video you will learn about licensed dealer reassignments and the supplemental use of the Certificate of Title Extension Form. Video length - 4 minutes
- Class Codes and Fee Schedule - A reference guide of the class codes and fee schedule for Tennessee license plates.
- Department of Revenue Directory for County Clerks - Contact information for Revenue staff.
- Sales Tax Return Data - Sales tax data for your specific county. Separate password required to download the data.
- Tax Guide for Military Members and Veterans - Tennessee law allows for some tax exemptions and other exceptions for military members and veterans. This guide discusses various benefits afforded to these individuals and how they are applied.
- Title and Registration Reference Guide - Use this guide as a resources for title and registration issues.
- June 26, 2015 Supreme Court Ruling Guidance
- County Technical Assistance Service (CTAS)