Rules and Policies
Search all State Board rules and policies.
View upcoming meeting dates and agendas.
Learn more about the State Board.
K-12 Academic Standards Review
Learn more about the academic standards review and how to submit feedback.
COVID-19 Emergency Rules
On April 9, 2020, the State Board of Education convened for a special called meeting to enact emergency rules governing graduation requirements for Tennessee's high school seniors and other necessary rule changes in response to the COVID-19 public health crisis.
- June 10, 2022 Education Recovery and Innovation Commission Meeting
- Rulemaking Hearing: Educator Licensure, Charter Schools, and Academic & Instructional Requirements
- July 21, 2022 SBE Workshop
- July 22, 2022 SBE Meeting
- October 27, 2022 SBE Workshop
- October 28, 2022 SBE Meeting
Interested in past meetings?
View the agendas, items, and videos from past State Board meetings. Meeting materials are archived online for five years.
- Latest Educator Preparation Report Card Shows Long Term Improvement in Tennessee
- The American Dream with a Tennessee Twist
- State Board Launches New Charter School Authorizer Evaluation Process
- February Quarterly Meeting to be Held Remotely
- State Board of Education Seeks Public Feedback to Advance Tennessee's Science Education Standards
- Education Recovery and Innovation Commission Reimagines High School in Second Annual Report
Stay up to date with the State Board of Education
Keep up with the State Board and our current initiatives by subscribing to our monthly newsletter and following us on Facebook and Twitter.