TBI State Academy Leadership Development Experience
TBI launched its State Academy Leadership Development Experience (LDE) to positively impact the profession of policing in Tennessee by strategically investing in select law enforcement leaders at local agencies across the state. This state-of-the-art program equips officers with the knowledge required to deal with the modern issues impacting our profession, while sharpening the key skillsets needed to lead others to fulfill their agency’s mission.
The 2023 TBI State Academy LDE is a four-week commitment that will be hosted at Montgomery Bell State Park in Burns, TN.
Week 1: August 14 – 18
Week 2: August 21 – 25
Week 3: August 28 – September 1
Week 4: September 11 – 15
• Students must have a minimum of five years of experience as a full-time law enforcement officer of a Tennessee law enforcement agency.
• Students must be at least 25 years of age.
• Students must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate.
• Students must pass a criminal history check.
• Students must be nominated by the head of the law enforcement agency where they are currently employed.
• Candidates currently in a supervisory role will be preferred.