Advocates can learn how to speak out on behalf of children and youth.
- What is Advocacy?;
- Methods of Affecting Legislation;
- Know the Process;
- What Makes a Good Issue;
- Meeting with Legislators;
- Letters to Legislators;
- E-Mailing Legislators;
- Interim Activities Between Legislative Sessions.
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)/Trauma/Toxic Stress
- TCCY Presentation on ACEs and Early Childhood Development, October 2015;
- Tennessee Adverse Childhood Experiences Report;
- Adverse Childhood Experiences: Early Life Events That Can Damage Our Adult Health, from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation;
- ACEs Connection Network, a social network dedicated to expanding understanding and responses to ACEs;
- Ted Talk on Adverse Childhood Experiences by Dr. Nadine Burke Harris;
- Truth About ACEs: Talking Points;
- What Does the ACEs Score Mean? a presentation by Dr. Robert Anda, one of the original ACEs researchers;
- Family Resources and Trauma Informed Care, Dr. Anda on ACEs as a foundation for system integration;
- Importance of ACEs is a Recent Discovery: Adversity is Not Destiny, But It is Risk , Dr. Anda;
- Building Resilience, video of Dr. Anda from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation;
- Alberta Family Wellness Initiative: How Brains are Built: The Core Story of Brain Development;
- Building Resilience, with Dr. Nadine Burke Harris.
Brain Development/Early Childhood Resources
- The Frameworks Children’s Mental Health Tennessee Toolkit;
- The Alberta Family Wellness Initiative;
- The Harvard Center on the Developing Child;
- Tennessee Child Care Resource and Referral;
- Urban Child Institute, Memphis resource for providers and families;
- Vroom, brain-development information for parents and caregivers.