Skip to Main Content


How Do I Change My Health Plan?

Starting in 2010, you can only change your health plan during one month of the year. This will be your "open enrollment month." When you can change depends on where you live.

  • If you live in West Tennessee, you can change your health plan ONLY during the month of March. West Tennessee includes Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Dyer, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Lake, Lauderdale, Madison, McNairy, Obion, Shelby, Tipton and Weakly counties.
  • If you live in Middle Tennessee, you can change your health plan ONLY during the month of May. Middle Tennessee includes Bedford, Cannon, Cheatham, Clay, Coffee, Cumberland, Davidson, Dekalb, Dickson, Fentress, Giles, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marshall, Maury, Montgomery, Moore, Overton, Perry, Pickett, Putnam, Robertson, Rutherford, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Van Buren, Warren, Wayne, White, Williamson and Wilson counties.
  • If you live in East Tennessee, you can change your health plan ONLY during the month of July. East Tennessee includes Anderson, Bledsoe, Blount, Bradley, Campbell, Carter, Claiborne, Cocke, Franklin, Grainger, Greene, Grundy, Hamblen, Hamilton, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Loudon, Marion, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Polk, Rhea, Roane, Scott, Sequatchie, Sevier, Sullivan, Unicoi, Union and Washington counties.

Do I have to change by a certain date during my month?

You have until the last day of your month to ask to change your health plan.

How do I change my health plan?

You can ask to change your health plan by calling TennCare Member Medical Appeals at 1-800-878-3192.

For more information about changing your health plan please see your member handbook.