Report A Wildfire
Your first priority is your personal safety. Do not take any actions that will place you or the people you are with in jeopardy.
Before you call 911 gather as much information as you can.
- Location - intersecting streets, mile markers, prominent landmarks, is the fire on the slope or in the flats
- Size - big as a house, big as a football field, estimate of acreage
- Rate of Spread - how fast is it spreading
- Fuel - is it burning in grass, shrubs or trees
- What color is the smoke and flames?
- Threat - is the fire spreading toward buildings or people?
- If you observe any vehicles or people in the area and it is safe to do so, record descriptions of the people, vehicle and license plate.