TWRA Shooting Ranges in Tennessee
- Natchez Trace State Park Shooting Range
- Bartlett Shooting Range
- Cheatham WMA Shooting Range and Archery Range
- Crossville Shooting Sports Park
- Montgomery County Shooting Complex
- Stones River Hunter Education Center
- Yanahli WMA Shooting Range
- Catoosa WMA
- Prentice Cooper WMA
- John Sevier Hunter Education Center
- Chuck Swan WMA Shooting Range
- North Cumberland WMA Shooting Range
- North Cherokee WMA Ranges
John Sevier Hunter Education Center
The TWRA offers several shooting ranges and hunter education centers throughout the state for public use. In addition, archery ranges and Hunter Education classes are also available at some of the ranges as well, in addition to other services. Be sure to check with each range and center to see what is offered!
Located at 3200 Brother Blvd. Contact Sam Murrey at (901) 213-3124.
Tuesday 12 pm - 9 pm
Thursday 11 am - 9 pm
Saturday 9 am - 430 pm
Sunday 1 pm - 6 pm
- $10.00 per person. Cash Only.
- 16 and under can shoot free with a paying adult.
- Juveniles must be under adult supervision at all times.
- 25-yard indoor range, pistols, and rimfire rifles
- Firearms must be in a case to enter the facility.
- No Centerfire rifles, Muzzleloaders or Shotguns.
- NO Steel ammunition or shotshells.
- We do not rent guns or sell ammunition.
From I-40, take the Appling Road Exit. Proceed north on Appling Road and cross over Stage Road. Approximately 800 yards on the right side you will see a service road.
There is a green Hunter Education sign on the light pole. The service road is right after the green sign.
Dustin McCubbins - (865) 278-3248
Closed Monday - Wednesday
Open Thursday and Friday from Noon until Sunset
Saturday - Sunday from Sunrise to Sunset
Closed during scheduled Big Game Hunts
2327 Rifle Range Road, Knoxville, TN 37918 (865) 594-6279
March through October
Open Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday 1:00 PM -- last ticket sold at 5:30 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM -- last ticket sold at 5:30 PM
November through February.
Open Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday 1:00 PM -- last ticket sold at 4:30 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM -- last ticket sold at 4:30 PM
CLOSED THE FIRST FULL WEEKEND OF EACH MONTH
All Ranges Operate With Knox County Schools Weather Closure Schedule
Holiday Closure Schedule 2020
· Easter April 12th
· Mother’s Day May 10th
· Memorial Day May 23th-24th
· Father’s Day June 21st
· Independence Day July 4th – 5th
· Labor Day September 5th -6th
· Thanksgiving November 28th
· Christmas / New Years December 22rd – January 5th
Located near the Halls community, the Center is easily accessible from I-75 via the Callahan Dr. exit or from North Broadway.
4201 Southside Road, Southside, TN 37171, Phone Number: (931) 387-3456
- Patrons are encouraged to make online purchases for range passes to reduce the number of people inside the pro shop.
- Signage will be posted at the pro shop and at each range reminding patrons to observe social distancing measures and to encourage frequent hand washing.
- We will limit the number of patrons inside the pro shop at one time to 3 people. We will have taped lines on the floor to encourage proper social distancing.
- Range capacity will be limited (every other station = 8 ft) to ensure social distancing. Limit 21 shooters on 100 yd range, 14 shooters on paper pistol, 15 shooters on tactical.
- RSOs will be instructed to radio the pro shop when the range is at capacity. Arriving customers will have the option to take a number and wait in their vehicles for an open slot or return a different day.
- Handgun carry classes will be held in the backroom and participants will be spaced out by staff to ensure social distancing measures.
2618 Hobson Pike, Antioch, TN.
Tim Turrentine, Range Manager, at (615) 770-3900
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays (Rain or Shine)
Friday-Saturday (10:00 AM - 4:30 PM, last range permit sold at 3:30 PM)
Sunday (1:00 PM - 4:30 PM, last range permit sold at 3:30 PM)
April - October
Friday-Saturday (10:00 AM - 6:00 PM, last range permit sold at 5:00 PM)
Sunday (1:00 PM - 6:00 PM, last range permit sold at 5:00 PM)
The center will be closed for the following holidays:
April 2, 3, 4 - Good Friday & Easter
May 28, 29, 30 - Memorial Day
July 2, 3, 4 - Independence Day
September 3, 4, 5 - Labor Day
November 26 - Thanksgiving
December 24, 25, 26 - Christmas
December 31 – January 2 -
New Year's (The range will be open January 7, 2022, on normal winter hours).
Stones River Hunter Education Centers offers a wide variety of activities for the entire family, including two firearm ranges (1 pistol range and 1 rifle range) and an archery range.
Hunter Education classes are also periodically taught at the center, and several events take place throughout the year at the center as well.
- Firearms must be unloaded & in a case or bag. No open or concealed carry is allowed on range property.
- All shotguns must have a stock (no pistol grips) and the only ammunition allowed for shotguns are slugs (no birdshot or buckshot).
- Eye and ear protection are required for everyone entering the range.
- Targets are available for purchase at the range for $5 a pack.
- Pistol range: 15-yard range (30 positions, including 2 wheelchair accessible positions)
- Rifle range: 100-yard range (18 positions, including 1 wheelchair accessible position)
- Rifle range: 200-yard range (2 positions)
- 6 target sight-in archery range
A hunting license is not required to shoot at the range.
Tier 2 Range Permit
$8.00 for 2 hours per adult
Annual fee - $151.00
Only cash and checks are accepted at the range. If you would like to purchase a permit with a credit/debit card online prior to attending the range, purchase a Type 222 Tier 2 Range Permit for each shooter 16 years of age and older at https://gooutdoorstennessee.com/. Youth under the age of 16 shoot for free.
From I-40 (approximately 8.3 miles to the range) take Mt. Juliet exit (exit 226). Go South on South Mt. Juliet Road to Hobson Pike. Cross Percy Priest Lake and the range is on the left.
From I-24 (approximately 5.5 miles to the range) take the Old Hickory Blvd. exit (exit 62). Go North on Old Hickory Blvd. and cross Murfreesboro Rd. (highways 41 & 70 South) onto Hobson Pike. The range is 4 miles on the right.
“Due to the unknown nature and course of the Covid-19 virus, the ranges are temporarily closed.”
Ranges are managed by USDA Forest Service, Cherokee National Forest
Jacobs Creek - Denton Valley Road, Sullivan Co. (423) 735-1500
Pond Mountain - Hwy. 321, Carter Co. (423) 735-1500
Scioto - Greeneville. (423) 638-4109
Bubbling Springs - Hwy. 107, Cocke Co. (423) 638-4109
Daylight hours only
Contact Clint Smith at (423) 658-9201
Thursday, Friday, & Saturday: sunrise till sunset
Closed during big game hunts
- Please read the posted range rules and procedures when you arrive.
- Rifles and handguns only.
- No shotguns except using slugs -- multiple projectile shotgun ammunition causes unnecessary target stand damage
The range fees have been restructured as follows:
Tier 1 ranges include: Cheatham WMA, Catoosa WMA, Prentice Cooper WMA, North Cumberland WMA, Chuck Swan WMA, and Yanahli WMA.
*Fees are not required for Tier 1 ranges, provided the shooter can show proof of a Tennessee hunting license. This exception applies only to Tier 1 ranges.
|Description and cost of tier 1 shooting range permits.
|220||Tier 1 Range Permit- 2 Hours||$5.50 without hunting license -- No cost with a hunting license|
|221||Tier 1 Range Permit- Annual||$101.00 without hunting license -- No cost with a hunting license|
Tier 2 ranges include: Stones River Hunter Education Center, and John Sevier Hunter Education Center.
|Description and cost of tier 2 shooting range permits.
|222||Tier 2 Range Permit- 2 Hours||$8.00|
|223||Tier 2 Range Permit- Annual||$151.00|
Tier 3 ranges include: Bartlett Range (Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency Hunter Education Center).
|Description and cost of tier 3 shooting range permits.
|224||Tier 3 Range Permit- 1 Hour||$10.00|
|225||Tier 3 Range Permit- Annual||$301.00|