TDVS Title VI Policy Statement
The Department of Veterans Services will comply with the Title VI Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987. The department will utilize its best efforts in maintaining compliance in all programs subject to the requirements of Title VI and all other federal regulations applicable to the administration of such programs.
The Tennessee Department of Veterans Services will not on the basis of race, color, or national origin:
- Deny any person service, assistance or other benefit for which the person is qualified;
- Provide any person with a service different from that provided to others under the same program;
- Subject any person to separate treatment in any manner related to services, aid or other benefits;
- Limit any person in any way in the use of services, facilities, or any other advantages, privileges or benefits provided to others under any program;
- Treat any person differently from others in deciding whether the person meets requirements to receive aid, care, service or other benefit;
- Deny any person or offer an opportunity different from that offered others in any program or service;
- Adopt methods that limit participation by any group of recipients or subject them to discrimination; and
- Refer any person to agencies that do not obey civil rights law.
All agencies receiving financial assistance through the department must sign a statement of compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.